How Can I Keep From Singing?

This was a good friday. I had to wake up a bit earlier than usual to do some "homework" for Jason. He asked us to read a section from the book we are working on and I had not done it yet. Work went very fast this morning. We talked about what we had read, planned for our time at the apartment next tuesday (Laura, Dusty, and I will be going), spent some time talking about the lesson I'll teach on Sunday (we will talk about Peter's confession: "You are the Christ"), and spent some time praying for the trek trip. After a busy but productive morning Jason, Laura, Lindsey and I went to Zaxby's for lunch. Then I needed to take care of my car so I went to McKinney tire to replace my badly damaged right front tire. After Dad and I figured out payment everything went smoothly. I had been worried about my steering in my car because since I had the rack and pinion replaced there has a been a lot of movement and vibration in my steering wheel. That all went away once I got the new tires on so I am relieved it wasn't something more serious. After I got the car taken care of I  went home and started writing a couple of letters for the two teens that Jason chose as "crew leaders" for trek. Jason chooses younger members of the youth group so that they can be in a leadership role and hopefully continue as a leader once they get back from the trip. I know how meaningful words of encouragement were for me when I was learning to lead in high school so I wanted to give a blessing to the two very special young men who Jason chose. I am very proud of who they are and I am excited to see how God uses them. I spent some time praying and talking with Jason after I finished the letters. Jason had some difficulty with his computer and had to call tech support, the way he talked to them reminded me of Kristen, it made me laugh (He said they got it from Bruce). After leaving the church I went to Scott's house and ate dinner with his family and several others who also came over. After dinner the parents all sang through a Zoe worship book and I got to join in. I enjoy so much singing with groups like that. I don't get to do it enough at ACU, maybe I can try to be more involved in worship leading when I get back, I would enjoy it very much. I wish I had been given the gift of song writing, there is much in me I wish I could express in that way. I am very appreciative for the time of worship I shared with the group tonight. After leaving Scotts I came back and have been relaxing with Scott and Amy watching some TV. 

North Korea destroyed a nuke plant today! This reminds me of the vision many people have shared of a time when we would all give up our weapons and live in peace. I hope this is a taste of things to come, what a ray of hope in a violent world! 

No comments: