Playing Minister and Softball

Yesterday was a fun day. First of all I didn't have to go in to work until 10. Usually it's 9:30 which I also love, but it was good to sleep in until a nice round number this morning. I helped Laura a little bit organizing things and then we decided to take a little trip to her house to pick up a chair for her office. Problem: my car could not fit a chair in it. Solution: I got to drive Jason's truck. Oh baby! (I have a bit of a crush on Toyota trucks) When we got back to the church Jason informed us that Shannon had ordered pizza for everyone in the office. So Jason, Shannon, Lindsey, Pat, Laura and I went to Jason's house and broke crazy bread. When we got back to the church Lindsey and I started working on the S.S.S. (Sidewalk Sunday School - a time spent at a local apartment complex with kids playing various games and sports, eating snacks, and sharing the gospel) plans. We came up with what stories we wanted to tell the kids from Jesus' life and designed a t-shirt that looks really cool. I'll post a picture of it on here once we get them in. Jason had left to go get Laura a chair for her office so Lindsey and I talked for a long time while we waited. I was glad to finally get to know her, I think she will have a great positive impact on the kids this summer. After Jason got back we discussed what we had come up with for S.S.S. and then left for the day. I love being in the church office, it's a wonderful place to work and I like getting to play minister. After work I went home, ate dinner, and got ready for my softball game! I was so excited about playing, I've been looking forward to it since Jason told me about it. I've really missed playing baseball lately and softball is close enough to baseball to satisfy this longing. I was 1 for 3 with a single and an RBI (I think) and got plenty of action while playing first base. I am already looking forward to Friday's game!

1 comment:

Paul Ayres said...

Haha, I'm glad your having a wonderful time. It sounds like your doing what you really like to do. I'm proud of my "little" brother!