Appendix A

Well, my worst childhood fears came true this last weekend. After a whole day of pain in my stomach and an all-nighter in the ER, I had my appendix removed saturday morning. I started feeling a sick on friday afternoon but didn't think anything of it. We got back from Splashdown (a church trip out to a water park) around 1 in the morning and by that time I was feeling pretty terrible. I tried to take a hot bath and relax so I could sleep but it was not working for me. I ended up waking the Westjohn's around 2:30 and asked them to take me to hospital shortly after that when I started feeling like I was going to pass out. Jason showed up at the hospital a little while after and he stayed with me the whole night. I am really thankful for him, he did so much for me this weekend. I felt bad for him because I was in another world with the pain medicine they were giving me and he just had to sit there all night in that uncomfortable seat. After I was feeling better with the pain drugs and anti-nausea medicine I drank Barium Sulfate for the CT scan. Luckily for me they just upgraded to vanilla shake flavor so it wasn't too bad getting that stuff down. I waited a couple of hours to let that settle into all the important spots and then they wheeled me down for a photo-shoot. It wasn't too long after that when the doctor came in and told me that I had appendicitis and that I would have surgery in a few hours. I remember waiting in the recovery room for surgery for a long time. I kept falling asleep and every time I woke up I hoped that someone would tell me that the surgery was already over with. I went in to surgery close to 10 and woke up about an hour later. I left the hospital soon after that and went to Jason's house to recuperate. Soon after that Kristen showed up at Jason's house and seeing her made me feel much better. After being away from each other for about 4 or 5 weeks and having had surgery it was wonderful to get to see her. I think it made me miss her even more after she left though. The following days have been mostly taken up with rest and relaxation. Keep me in your prayers as I regain my strength. 

No comments: