Getting into the Rhythm of Things

The last couple of days have gone by really fast. They have been spent mostly by spending time with the youth. Wednesdays are going to be long days. Jason and I eat an early breakfast with some of the older guys in the church around 7 and then we usually go to the office. This wednesday though we went and helped the Westjohns build their deck. I enjoyed working outside with Amy's dad (Alex and Austin's grand-dad), I'd like to spend more time with him learning everything he knows about building projects. After we left their house we went and helped Don (one of the guys we eat breakfast with) with his computer. We got to the office after lunch at worked on some stuff. Then that night we had a guy come in to talk to the kids about a church camp, Lindsey and I enjoyed this because it meant we didn't have to teach. After church the kids always stay afterwards and play games. I went outside and played basketball for a long time with a lot of them, which was a lot of fun. When I finally got home that night I was pretty exhausted. 

Thursday was another short day in the office spent playing with the youth group. We met the youth at the building around 11:30 then went and got taco bell before heading to the park to play wiffle ball. Afterwards I went with Noah, Aaron, Ryan, Allie, and the two Hayley's to go swimming then get ice cream. I went home, took a nap, and then played b-ball with Mason and Laura. Scott and Allie showed up right as we were leaving and said they wanted to do something so we went over to Laura's and played Star Wars monopoly while watching episode 1. It was a fun filled evening. 

I really enjoyed today, friday. Lindsey and I went in and worked on the lesson for sunday morning after that was done we went and took care of the shirts for S.S.S. We tried Zaxby's for lunch, which I am now I huge fan of and then Jason gave us the rest of the day off. I spent the afternoon asleep!

Tonight's softball game was great! We beat the 1st place team with a shut-out (5-0), I am  still excited about it!
  
I am speaking at the Men's Prayer Breakfast tomorrow. Pray for me to speak a word of truth. 

No comments: