Day Off

Today I had a nice long day off! Jason is going on trek with the youth on saturday and Shannon works on friday so he wanted to have the day off to spend time with her and so he gave me and Lindsey the day off as well. The plan was to sleep as long as possible but I got a wake-up call at around 9:40 from another person who had the day off today (she was way more productive than I was today). I got to talk to Kristen a lot today which was nice, I don't usually talk to her more than once or twice a day but I enjoyed spending the day with her over the phone. I went and ate lunch (grilled hotdogs and mac and cheese) with scott today at his house. After his dad got home and it became clear that scott needed to be working around the house I left and went to hastings. I spent some time browsing and ended up buying two books: 1) Same Kind of Different as Me, a true story about two men who will be coming to ACU to speak this september, and 2) Jesus for President, a challenging book by Shane Claiborne that challenges christians to think about where our allegiances lie. I have actually already read the Claiborne book, I bought it as a gift to a friend here who is in the military and who will be shipped out to Iraq soon after training. I hope this book both renews his hope and faith but also challenges him to think about his allegiance to God in new ways. After that the rest of the afternoon was spent mostly talking to Kristen online and reading. This was a relaxing day that I needed after a long and trying week. 

No comments: