I'm Fired

I've noticed that my blogs have gotten increasingly less in depth. I apologize to my readers (all 3 of you) but I have felt less of a need to record and evaluate my time here. I have been content to just experience it. 

Good news: Jason and I annihilated Dusty and Lindsey in our basketball game!

Bad news: My thigh also annihilated Dusty's finger. Dusty was guarding me and as I passed the ball to Jason he apparently jammed his finger into my thigh and dislocated it. I was fired a few hours later after he returned from the emergency room. 

This upcoming week is our trip to Grand Prairie. I am kind of apathetic about it right now, although I am excited about getting to go home and getting to know the kids a lot better. There is nothing like a mission trip for creating deep roots with people. I am little nervous about the actual vbs though, I am not sure what to expect. I trust that God will be there though. 

I am very sad that I'll have to be leaving Conway in two weeks. In many ways I feel like I am home here. I look forward so much to going into the office to work with Jason and Dusty everyday, I am learning so much from them yet I feel like I am making lifelong friendships as well, I feel as if we all speak the same language. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God has blessed you so much this summer with the experience in Conway. It is so easy to see the majesty of God's creation there in the beauty of nature in the surroundings. The town is a great place to live. I love the quietness of a smaller city and the serenity it offers, yet it has all the modern conveniences of a larger city. But most of all, God has blessed you with spiritual grown beyond measure. Jason and Dusty have modeled love of the Lord and service to Hid kingdom in a real-world and practical way that textbooks and professors can only talk about. The kids have provided the challenges you needed to show you how to think on your feet and be aware of the accountability that each of us as Christians must model to those who look to us for growth and guidance.

On a selfish note on my part, you have built a lifelong relationship with Jason that would have been difficult to build if you had not had this summer without Kristen or other family members there. I know that being a member of our family will be a bit easier knowing Jason as well as you do. Jason repects you and can bless your marriage to Kristen in a whole new way now. His love for his sister is truly incredible, and now he can love you as his brother-in-law as well as his brother in Christ.