Cousin-less in Arkansas

Kristen left today to go back home. Despite this I had a really good day. The initial plan for the day was included Jason and I going to Little Rock to help move Laura, the new children's minister for UCC, to Conway. We would have left around 7 but because of the rain we cancelled those plans and I got to sleep in till around 9. I met Jason up at the church at 9:30 where he gave me a key to the church and gave me a tour. After we finished he told me that I could spend the rest of the day with Kristen since she was leaving today. I appreciated that very much, I was worried I wouldn't see at all until we had to take her to the airport. After we helped Jason and two delivery guys move in a new fridge we left to go eat at McAlister's (AMAZING sweet tea!) and then toured downtown. Walking through downtown, checking out the different stores while holding hands was a perfect way to spend the afternoon. When Jason got home from work we left pretty soon after that to take Kristen to the airport. I didn't go into the airport because passengers go through security almost immediately and I think it was better that way, like ripping the band-aid off. I will certainly miss having her nearby this summer and I can't wait till August 9th!

I am looking forward to a good summer here in Conway. I like this part of Arkansas, it's beautiful and I am enjoying its peaceful environment. The church family here has been very welcoming to me. The youth especially have gone out of their way to get to know me which is making this initial phase of summer much easier for me. I am beginning to learn the prayers of a minister: for the wisdom to discern people's needs, the faith to pour myself out, the humility to point others to Christ for healing, and the ability to speak the words of grace and peace that have been spoken to me. 


No comments: